09 May 2008

Greetings from 1997

You remember how the world went from 53 search engines one day to everyone magically uses Google the next?

We’re unringing that bell today.

For some reason, here at work (at an interactive agency, no less), we cannot access Google. Not at all.

No Google.

No Gmail.

No gchat. Not even through Meebo or Adium.

No blogger. So, though I can use my super secret backdoor e-mail address to post, I won’t even be able to read this.

In fact, I just had to use Yahoo to find out when Google was formed. (September 7, 1998) And it took freaking forever. And I doubt it’s right.

This sucks. I mean there are lots of things I would like to go back 11 years and do without. OK, mainly lots of people I would like to go back 11 years and do without. But life without Google? I mean. What do I do? Seriously.

I’m instantly dumber. I might be e-mailing questions to some of you that I need answered. Though I will have no way to verify the information, I implore you to give me the real info. Please.

I’m going to go Yahoo some info about the dark ages. No, I’m going to go Google some info on the dark ages from my phone.


This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

1 comment:

Travis said...

That's some communist bullshit right there.