01 May 2008

Baby, it wont be long till I be tyin on my flyin shoes

What's scarier? Thinking you can't doing something, or figuring out you can, you just have to actually do it?

One of my favorite documentaries is Be Here to Love Me about the legendary Townes Van Zandt. There's a scene in there where Townes talks about how he was at a party. He was standing on the balcony and was possessed by the desire to feel what it was like the moment - the split second -before one fell off the balcony. Well, he deduced the only way to know that moment was to actually fall off the balcony. To not go that far with it would mean he hadn't in fact felt the moment before the fall.

I might not be at the falling moment. But I can feel the wind. And I think I can feel the moment of truth.

And I can't fucking wait.

Hold on. I'm coming.

No comments: