15 August 2008

I've got you, babe

Why, yes. This morning's commute did feature a song from Donny and Marie Osmond. You mean yours didn't? Huh.

Sadly, the Good Morning America Summer Concert series is winding down. My usual subway stop is at the far corner of Bryant Park. Which gives me a good block of listening time on the way to the office. Oh, but they've saved the best for last. Gone, but not forgotten they will be.

Now, look. The "music" and, I used that term loosely, has been pretty cruddy. But, the series has been a great enabler of people watching - which comes in second for me, only to people mocking.

As I mentioned before, I got to see a grown woman drop f-bombs in front of kids at the Miley Cyrus show. Last week, when leaving the office on Thursday night, I got to see people camped out on the sidewalk (all the way around the block) for the Jonas Brothers.

I caught a little Feist. I saw some RENT.

But nothing. Nothing at all. Can compare to next week's finale. Ladies and gentlemen. I give you, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kid Rock.

My prediction? I'll be the guy in the collared shirt.


No comments: